Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cucumber & Onion Salad

A friend had given me some garden fresh cucumbers... I contemplated making the standard tuna boat and then I remembered a fresh salad with onions. I search recipes and found this one but it was a bit more tart than I preferred therefore I found another that bumped up the sugar a bit. It is a very delicious summer salad to enjoy!



Ingredients

    3-5 cucumbers (with peel) (or regular cucumbers without peel or "striped")
    1 onion
    1/2 c. white vinegar
    1/2 c. water
    1/3 c. sugar
    dash of salt and pepper

    Directions

    Slice onions and cucumber very thin slices & place in shallow dish.
    Stir together vinegar, water, sugar, salt, pepper and pour over onions and cucumber.
    Cover and marinate at least an hour.
    The longer this sits, the tastier it gets.
    May be made a day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment