Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pimento Cheese



Anyone like Pimento Cheese? Uhhh, not so sure about this one....but James says its good. I was really looking forward to this making this as it is one of James's favorites. He is getting ready to go fishing and I wanted to send this along as a nice surprise to snack on while on the lake. Fortunately, he liked it but I am not a fan. IF, I make this again, I would make it with Miracle Whip an not Mayo. I am not a fan of either, I just know that when I buy this in the store it is not as bitter or salty as this recipe. We served it on French Bread. Once everyone returns from their trips, I'l resume making more recipes! P.S. Turns out that his fishing buddies loved it to! I would have used it for bait! LOL!

Bobby's Pimiento Cheese spread

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip)
1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 to 3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed
1 teaspoon grated onion
Cracked black pepper

Directions
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. It can be used as a dip for crudite or as a sandwich filling.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment