Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Beginning of the Butter Broadcast.



Well, I have made a decision to imitate a popular movie and cook my way thru someones cookbook while I journal the events that take place around the recipes I will be cooking. I want to do this to prepare a documented account of all the fun that resides around me and my family cooking and living. Someday, maybe my great grandkids will read this and do something similar for their family!

The first thing I did was research different cookbooks and the recipes within. Knowing that this would be a lengthy and major undertaking, I didn't want to subject my friends and family to recipes that they may not prefer! Although there were several great contenders, my personal favorite, Paula Deen "The Butter Queen" was the winner of my little secret contest! Her recipes mostly match the way I already cook but allows me to branch out and try new things and put different twists on the familiar.

Paula says, it isn't always about just the cooking. I agree. My friends and family have made literal "events" out of our love of food and cooking and have now started a tradition of having family gourmet nights where we set a fancy table and prepare at least a four course meal. We have so much fun and each person contributes to the evening with their own recipe of the night. I want to document this and the best way I know how is to cook my way through the cookbook and write it all down all while using todays technology...blogs!

All recipes by Paula or her family will be noted in the blog and credited as well as the Cookbook publisher Simon and Schuster

No comments:

Post a Comment